Saturday, June 12, 2010

Babies

So yesterday my cousin Arica had little Harper Jane Sumner. And I was very jealous to say the least. Then I got a text from my best friend Tess and her sister had her baby, Mason Stubbs, last night too. And I got a little more jealous. All day I have kind of been in a somber mood just because I want to meet my little Anna so bad. But now I'm facing a dilemma, well sort of. I feel dumb, and it's totally a stupid hormonal thing but I'm going to tell you about it anyway.

We haven't picked a middle name for Anna yet. I wanted to let Josh name her and he decided he wants to wait until she is born to decide what that middle name should be. His top 2 names in the running right now are Liberty and Jayne. He says it will be Anna Liberty if she is born around the 4th of July unless she seems more like an Anna Jayne. I picked Jayne with the Jay spelling to honor my Grandpa Jay. He was one of my best friends in life and taught me so much and I want him to be a part of my family even though he isn't here to share in the joy. I feel stupid because if you read the beginning of this post carefully my cousin Arica gave her baby the middle name of Jane. I know it's not a huge deal if they had the same middle name because: 1- they are middle names, not first names & 2- these two little girls aren't cousins and probably won't spend THAT much time together.

Shoiuld I feel bad? I feel like a copycat and that I'm taking away the spotlight from their little bundle of joy. I would never want to do anything like that at all. We really have loved Jayne forever I just don't want to hurt any feelings or cause any problems. What do you think of our name choices? Am I worrying too much? I would love to hear anyone's opinion on the matter.

Sorry, I know this post is a stupid hormonal worry but I just can't help myself. My brain is stuck on baby mode and I don't know that it will come off that for a while. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a great weekend despite the cold weather.

2 comments:

  1. I say don't worry about it, and name her what you want. My mom wanted to name me Anne but my dad wouldn't let her because he has a cousin named Anne. We honestly didn't see them that much and so it wouldn't have been a big deal if we had had the same name. Oh, and I know of someone who's brother and cousin have the exact same first and middle name (different last names at least). So yeah, don't stress and just do what you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's brother each named their oldest sons Jacob, and even that was totally fine. Like you said, they won't be spending that much time together, and chances are neither of them will go by their middle name. I don't know about your cousin, but if it was me I wouldn't feel like you were stealing the spotlight away from me at all.
    Plus, Anna Jayne is such a cute name!

    ReplyDelete