Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Down to the wire

Today was my 36 week appointment at the doctor which means I am down to weekly appointments! How did we get here already?!? I swear I just found out I was pregnant and now I'm getting close to actually holding my very own baby in my arms.

The dreaded invasive stuff happened today and it really wasn't that bad. I was happy to know my body is making progress so hopefully labor won't be too terrible. I am excited that we will get to meet Anna in the next couple of weeks. Some days it feels like I will never get to hold her and snuggle her, but I know that will come sooner than I think.

Her room is done (for pictures click here), her clothes are all washed, the car seats are installed, my hospital bag is packed....now what to do? I am taking advantage of sleeping in every day and getting the occassional nap. This waiting game just might kill me though. Thankfully we set an induction date today in case Anna decides she doesn't want to come on her own. July 13 could be a very exciting day for me if I don't have one before then :)

Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone since I really have nothing else to do everyday. Hope life is grand for all of you! Oh and congratulations to my cousin Arica who gets to be induced this upcoming Sunday! We can't wait to meet Harper and I'm definitely jealous you get to hold your baby so soon!

1 comment:

  1. Cross your fingers that there will be an open bed otherwise I'll be waiting just like you!! Only Harper's clothes are not washed, I think her carseat is hopefully in the garage somewhere...I'm totally not ready. I think today I might try to make some progress and for sure clean the blinds in my house:) Waiting is the worst and then magically they are here and you kind of wish they were back in your belly so you can actually get some normal sleep!!

    ReplyDelete