Monday, July 26, 2010

Biggest Loser: Family Edition

Pregnancy for me was a really big mind game. I think I had depression there at the end when I was the biggest I have ever been in my life. Being over weight as a kid was not fun, people made fun of me and I just felt ugly all the time. In high school I changed all that when I lost 40 lbs. I felt great and looked even better and the greatest thing was that my confidence went up 1000%

Now I know that being pregnant is different than just gaining the weight but it was still hard for me to deal with. I just felt ugly the entire time. And now that Anna isn't inside anymore I'm doing my best to deal with the emotional aspect of the weight I did gain. So far I am doing great thanks to my amazing husband who always tells me how beautiful I am. Without him I would be very depressed and in a bad place.

To keep me motivated to get the weight off we have started a family style Biggest Loser contest. We are going to weigh in together every two weeks to keep track of progress and the final weigh in will be on Thanksgiving. Whoever loses the biggest percentage of body weight will get a new pair of jeans that the rest of us have to purchase for them. I am excited to get my whole family in on this so we can start a new healthy lifestyle together. After all....eating right and exercise is so much easier when you have someone to do it with.

Here is me 38 weeks pregnant, just 2 weeks before Anna's arrival:


Here is me 2 weeks after Anna was born:


My face looks pretty much the same but my belly sure doesn't! Thank goodness! When I was admitted to the hospital the day Anna was born I weighed in at 230 lbs (terrifying, I know!) So far I am down 27 lbs but that is just from Anna's weight and some water weight loss. Now I start my journey back to the body I loved!

Tools I am using to keep me on track:
Check out some of those tools if you find yourself on the same journey :) Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have a story similar to yours. I was overweight as a child too. Then in high school I lost about 30 lbs and felt great. Then at the end of my pregnancy I weighed the most I've ever weighed at about 208 lbs. Then at my two week appointment I had lost 28 lbs from, like you, the baby and water. I however have gained some of the weight back. So that is so great you and your family are doing a family biggest loser. Good luck with that and I really hope you succeed because I know how you feel right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous idea! Thanks for the links as well. You have such an awesome family and husband for that matter! Good luck libb!

    ReplyDelete