Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happiest Place on Earth

This last weekend Josh and I got to go to Disneyland with Maddie, Bridger, and my Mom. We were so excited to get away from life for a few days. The drive down was such a blast, and the trip was even more fun. I don't know when I have laughed that hard in a long time! My brother and sister are seriously hilarious and they just kept us going the entire time. We had some rough moments every now and again, which was only expected because after all we are family. The trip as a whole though was wonderful.

On this trip there were some firsts that were quite monumental:
Mom-first time to Disneyland without Dad (hard, but still a first and triumph none the less) Maddie and Bridger-first time on Tower of Terror and 2nd and 3rd time too
Josh-first full day at Disneyland on Sunday
Libby-first time doing Disneyland pregnant





I had no idea how hard it would be to make it through 40 hours of Disneyland walking and pregnant. Oh man, after like 3 hours on the first day I was pretty worn out. I also had a TON of pain in my feet and ankles. Luckily my mom decided to stay and visit with me while the other 3 did the big rides so I got lots of down time to put my feet up. At the end of the second day though I was in bad shape. My feet were so swollen and I didn't know if I could even walk out to the car to go home. I made it through the day though and still had one day ahead of me. So I did the unthinkable....



I actually wore my flip flops to Disneyland! I always made fun of people that did that. I couldn't imagine being comfortable in flip flops for more than 4 hours of walking. But miraculously I found out that flip flops were a BILLION times more comfortable than my regular shoes. I just wish I had discovered that on the first day instead of the last.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on about stupid things like wearing flip flops to Disneyland, but it really was a big Disneyland milestone in my life, ha ha. I am so grateful I had this time with my family to bond and become stronger than we are. I can't wait for the next vacation!

1 comment:

  1. I love Disneyland! My mom was pregnant with my sister when we went one time and we rented a wheelchair for her to use. I guess this advice is a little late...but it's an idea you can use in the future:)

    ReplyDelete