Tuesday, October 6, 2009

August

As of late I am a dog walker. Crazy, I know!

If you have known me for long you know that as a child I was deathly afraid of dogs no matter what size or breed. I would cry sitting in the car if we just drove past a mean looking dog (sad that's all it took to get me bawling, lol). I continued to be afraid for a long time thanks to my cousin Abby who told me that if a dog bit my Achilles tendon I would bleed to death!

Well I had to get over my fear when my parents got a dog when I was in high school. I didn't realize I was so attached to the family dog until Pete died. Shortly after, my mom got a weimaraner named Sage. She is huge, but so sweet and a fun loving dog. Since Josh has been called to be in the bishopric I have been begging for a dog to keep me company when he isn't home.

I search for a dog on ksl.com like everyday and as I was searching on Saturday I saw a listing for a needed dog walker for a lady here in North Orem. I emailed her and said I would love to do it and I promptly got the job.

I have been walking with August just twice now and I'm realizing the many challenges with a puppy and how much care and love they need. This job is helping me to learn how to train an animal, be patient with it, commit to something, walk for an hour five days a week, and I have also learned that I don't want a puppy for quite some time :)

2 comments:

  1. August is a lucky dog. I wish I could go on an hour walk with you during the middle of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh that is precious! And this is the perfect weather to go dog walking.

    ReplyDelete