Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hills are NOT my friend!

Well obviously I made it through the race because I'm here today to type this.
I have discovered that running your hardest race without any training is probably not the greatest idea.
I have never been so sore in my entire life - every inch of me hurts.
Despite the pain though, I still had a great time.

Arica pushed me to the max in my running and I didn't know I could do so much!
I ran with her for 2 straight miles before we had to walk at all.
And we only walked, because of the mammoth of a hill in the race.
Oh my gosh! I don't train on hills and now I know why.
That hill was the worst thing of my life, but I conquered it!

I am really proud of myself for doing this run. I hadn't run in 2 weeks,
had a back injury, and ran for longer than I ever have at one time.
I finished in 38 minutes and 31 seconds...
...and I will be sore for a week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is amazing! I don't even think I could run for 1 mile. I'm glad I found your blog, so cute!

    ReplyDelete