Friday, October 9, 2009

The Runner Inside Me

Somewhere inside of me there is a marathon runner that just wants to burst out. I know there is. But, I have yet to find her. I really enjoy running, it is hard for me to do but I like how I feel after I finish. I know that I did something hard and I feel so great!



The only problem is I make tons of excuses and don't go running on a daily basis.

This week my cousin Arica called me and wanted to run the Highway to Hale race on Saturday. I told her I would love to do the race and would be just fine. I went for a run yesterday and thought I would die Literally die, like couldn't breathe, legs cramping up, can't keep going, gonna die. My big discovery this week....

 if I stop running for just 2 weeks it's like starting over when I start running again which is horrible because the first 2 weeks of a running regimen are the worst.

So... I am determined to run at least 4 times a week from now on so that I can build my endurance and strength without having to go through the worst two weeks over and over again every month.


Someday I want to be great. I may never run a marathon or a half marathon even but I know I can be great even in a 5k. I went on another run today and ran about 2.75 miles in 34 minutes which isn't completely horrible. My race tomorrow is 3.1 miles and half of it is probably up hill. We will see if I make it to the end! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be riding my bike along side you!

    Actually, I don't love running like my wife does - I prefer basketball or other sports that take my mind of the fact that I'm running.

    But I'll support you and encourage you, babe!

    ReplyDelete