Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome to the Sorority

This week I have started reading The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine. So far it has been very funny and entertaining yet very informant. Reading a pregnancy book has actually made me realize how many things bug me lately or how I get stressed over dumb things that don't matter yet.

For instance....my biggest stress right now is how to convert the guest room into a reasonable nursery, what I am going to name our child of which I don't know the sex yet, and how I can be kind in my absolute rejection and refusal of breast feeding when women convince me I am doing the wrong thing.

It's amazing how utterly stupid my cares and worries seem to be when I say them out loud or write them down. I know they shouldn't matter right now, but I just can't convince my brain to concentrate and worry about other things no matter how hard I try.

So whenever I am feeling like a loser and have no where else to run, I pick up my girlfriend guide. Vicki knows exactly what to say about the things I need an answer to and she doesn't make me feel stupid about it either. If there are any pregnant girls out there reading this I would highly recommend this book to you (just in case you have irrational worries and stress like I do.)

Anyway to end my ramblings, I hope everyone has a splendid week full of love and adventures! Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment