Monday, January 4, 2010

WSU

Today was my first day as a Weber student and let me tell you it was overwhelming. As I logged on and got into my classes online I was expecting to be excited to be learning again and working toward a degree. Well....the excitement vanished quite quickly when I found out exactly what was expected of me this semester.

I had no idea online classes were going to be so difficult! 11 credit hours of work includes about 8 chapters of reading per week, 3 quizzes per week, 5-7 pages of writing per week, at least 4 assignments per week, and 3 online class discussion responses. This doesn't include exams either :(

After taking an entire semester off just to work and enjoy life, going back to school is like pulling teeth for me. Don't get me wrong, I love school, but I am absolutely dreading this next semester. It is my last semester of prerequisites before my program after all. Maybe that is what makes it even harder to take crap classes with double or even triple the work of the same class as a lecture course. Oh well.....

So here is to a new school year and hopefully lots of personal growth and a renewed hunger for knowledge. Good luck at school everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - but you are LIBBY. You'll do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every new semester feels overwhelming, but you can do it! And just think it will be way easy now, than in 6 months will your new baby! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete