Thursday, February 4, 2010

Piano Fantasy

I am sitting at work right now while all of the fourth graders are at an assembly and decided it would be a great time to blog today. I knew I would have an hour to myself during the day so I decided to bring some boring geology reading with me (even though I have a great novel). If you know me really well you know I could care less about geology and everything that has to do with it. I think I was born with this natural hatred for learning about the earth and how it works because I seriously have hated for as long as I can remember.

So as you can imagine, I was dreading doing this reading assignment. I decided to put on some music while I read to help focus my mind a little bit and as I was looking through my iPod I came across William Joseph's album, Within. Researchers say that classical music helps the brain absorb more information and I am a sole believer in this so I always have a classical something on in the background. The only problem in my situation is that I am so familiar with my classical selections that it does me no good to listen to it. I always find myself singing the different parts or getting totally lost in the music.

Today I just happen to really fall into the music during Piano Fantasy. I absolutely love this piece because secretly I'm obsessed with piano music. Someday I want to take piano lessons and learn how to play at least the hymns and primary music for my kids someday. I am just so fascinated with pianists and how their fingers move so quickly and in different time with one another. This fascination comes solely from the fact that my hands can't do that whatsoever. Maybe someday though my brain will let me accomplish my goal of learning to play the piano.

For right now, I will stick to listening to Piano Fantasy and keep dreaming of my own Piano Fantasy. My day started out a little shaky, but has been brightened by the talents of a young man named William Joseph. Thank you William for bringing a smile to my face and warming my heart.

To hear this piece visit: Piano Fantasy

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love that song! (I especially love how the lady who introduced him was the only one clapping and it was really awkward.) That song reminds me of that one by Chopin that's supposed to be the hardest song in the world to play. Weren't you in my intro to music class at UVU?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was, but I don't remember a thing from that class because you and I never went. Remember?

    ReplyDelete