Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Satan's Power

Today my favorite student came out to work with me and said "I have a secret to tell you." And I got really excited that she was going to tell me something great. Then she said really quietly "My mom and dad got divorced."

I was instantly devastated for her.

She is 10 and her sister is 8 and their dad is gone. Her parents divorced on Sunday and he moved to California. My heart just started to ache for her and her family and I can especially empathize because of the situation my family finds itself currently.

Watching my parents and siblings go through pain has been one of the hardest things lately. I didn't realize just how hard divorce is until we found out that is what my parents would be going through.

My little student said she was alright, but I know that isn't the case. She is normally bubbly and full of life. She is the one that always brings a smile to my face and if I could adopt her, I would in a heart beat. But today, she just wasn't herself. And I know she isn't alright, because I'm not alright most of the time and I am 21 years old.

I can seriously sit here and just cry at the pain I know my family is feeling and the pain that this little girl's heart gets to go through now. I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anyone. When I told my mom about my student she said "I wonder if the world is going to hell in a hand basket? Satan just seems to be winning lately." And my instant thought was "He only wins if we let him in long enough."

Going through these trials could make me wonder whether my marriage will survive over the years and triumph over all the trials that will be thrown our way. But ya know what? I don't worry about not making it because I have a husband who is strong in the gospel. His testimony is like a rock and I know he won't ever budge for Satan to come creeping in. And because I have him by my side I know I can do anything. I can be a strong person, have a strong testimony, and have the courage to share it with others and teach my children what is right.

Satan may be winning in many places and situations of the world-but he isn't going to win at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment