Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Put us on team....

green! I have been so excited and have anticipated finding out the gender of our little baby for so long now. And today was supposed to be the day...

I had a Dr. Pepper so our little one would be totally active and ready to show us their stuff. Apparently caffeine has no affect on ours though :( The doctor tried everything to wake the baby up but it wouldn't at all (takes after me already!) and although baby was asleep it was quite amazing none-the-less. The doctor showed us every part of baby and it was so crazy!

The thing I loved most was that baby had hands folded and tucked up under their chin with legs crossed sound asleep. It was so cute! I was so amazed that we could see every little bone-fingers, toes, arms, legs, spine even. We could also see the heart beating inside it's chest! I was so amazed that a little person was inside of me.

Even though we couldn't find out the gender today and I was really bummed about it, I'm so grateful we have a healthy baby. I haven't been able to feel baby yet and was very worried that something was wrong. We measured tiny though (4 days behind) so luckily I won't have a giant baby and all of the fluid is sitting on top of baby like a pillow. With the combination of those two he said I may not feel baby for another week or two especially if baby continues to sleep as deeply as it was today.

I think Heavenly Father was like "I am giving you the reassurance that everything is fine with your little sweetheart. But you will learn the lesson of patience and what it's like to wait." I also realized that if we don't find out gender until the end of March I will only have 2 weeks of school left and no time to be distracted. If I found out gender today I would never get any homework done-I would be thinking about names, nursery design, and all of the fun things. So our little stubborn one could have really been a blessing in disguise.

So we will patiently await March 24 and hope that our little one decides to come out and show us the goods, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of a bummer that you didn't get to find out, but the reassurance that all is well...is like the best thing ever! It's always such a relief for me. Plus it's amazing how those tender mercies work out, if we just trust them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear sister of mine whom I dearly love,
    Okay, when you told me your baby was asleep, yeah, it totally is already taking after you. That is so amazing that you could even see the heart! How adorable! I am so excited to be an aunt. Yay! :) Haha. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete