Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day

As most of you know, I absolutely love Valentine's Day! I get so excited weeks in advance and find myself drawn to anything that may be pink or red. Sadly this year I don't get much of a Valentine weekend because Josh is busy with work.

So I indulged myself and got an early present: cute red glitter toes! My very own dorothy nails bring a smile to my face whenever I look down. I even wore flip-flops to work today and risked my job (not really) so that I could show the sparkles off.

I also had a delicious giant cupcake from Costco that had hot pink frosting on top and lots of sprinkles.(See picture below, ha ha) Yum! I'm a frosting kind of girl and just loved my Valentine treat. So far I have had a great Valentine celebration despite my husband MIA.


I think what really helped bring the spirit of love this year was making Valentine's to send out to our family and closest friends. I am going to post the digital copy with our letter soon so if you don't get one in the mail don't fret! And secretly...I am making a really cute Valentine for my one and only sweetheart.

Even if you are single, or hate a holiday that pressures you to spend money on a loved one enjoy Valentine's Day this year. Do whatever you can to tell those around you that you love them and make someone's day. That is the best Valentine present anyway and will make your heart grow a few times bigger!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post honey. You are the best valentine ever!

    ReplyDelete