Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Adventures

Anna's birth has given me a reason for reflection each day about the person I am and the person I want to be. I have decided that I know how to do lots of things but there are lots of things I don't know how to do that a mom needs to know. In trying to decide how I'm going to aquire all of these missing skills and talents I felt very overwhelmed, like I just couldn't do it. Being a mom is harder than you think! Thankfully though, Josh reminded me of the many things I do well and that I have time to learn to do others. I have to remind myself that I can't always compare myself and get down about things. So I'm going to try new things one step at a time.

Last night for dinner I made pizza. Homemade pizza for the first time by myself. Homemade pizza that had whole wheat, yes whole wheat, crust. I was nervous. I was afraid. But I forged ahead and made the whole thing. I just kept my fingers crossed that Josh would eat it and it wouldn't be terrible. I guess my hard work paid off, and the amazing wheat dough recipe that I found here, helped quite a bit too.  

Here is our pizza showing our respective halves- mine is the one with all of the delicious veggies on it. Josh actually said it was delicious, went back for seconds and after dinner packed up a lunch for Monday of the left overs. I guess I did a pretty good job!

After a delicious victory like this...

....I am ready to take on something else. Crafts maybe?
Just maybe I will sign up for a Super Saturday project.
Stay tuned to find out what the next adventure will be.
Happy Sunday and thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. The pizza was dang good. Nice work honey. And for the record my side had green peppers, not just pepperoni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic Mom pizza! We had that for dinner last night too! haha. Love you Libby! Never forget that! You're a rockin' Mom to little Anna. If you want to take up this cool craft, I know how to make the composition notebooks with scrapbook paper. They are cheap and way cute!
    love maddie v

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! looks like gourmet pizza to me. Way to go, stretching into new territory. You are a terrific mom, must have been the training mom gave you. Keep up the good work.
    Love you always,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. sister i will learn new things with you!! your a great mom to your little anna bug! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics and post and the new layout! Your doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. libby! how awesome! you and your baby are so adorable. and pretty sure the pizza looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow that is some good looking pizza, I am totally going to attempt making this! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete