Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rainy Days, Lunch Dates, and Saturday Afternoons

The end of summer is drawing near and I'm quite sad about it. Although my days of playing at home are almost over the last few days have been grand.

On Thursday Anna and I were greeted by a cold summer rainstorm. The thunder crashed, the lightning struck, and we were in our cozy warm house. We dared to brave the weather and peek outside to view the glorious world around us.

And although it was beautiful and the rain smelled so sweet, we weren't ready to face the day outdoors. Anna napped in her bouncer seat, I folded some laundry (exciting I know!) after which I spent some time reading my favorite mag.

Our day was lazy and wonderful and spent exactly as I wanted, together. Friday brought with it new adventure of fun with friends. Momma Brittany and baby Kamryn met us for our very first lunch date!
We are so glad to have such great friends that we can go out with. Kamryn is so darling and just 2 1/2 months older than Anna. We have decided to have play dates a couple times a month. Perfect way for mommas to get adult time and girlies to make a best friend.

Anyway, Cafe Zupas was our destination because I absolutely love their food. I ordered my usual which is half a raspberry salad and a half order of mushroom bisque soup. I had to showcase these lovely foods because they are so completely delicious. Is your mouth watering yet?

And I had a splendid day with my darling...Anna I love you!

Our lovely weekend ended with a lazy Saturday which included playing on the floor with our lovely. Hope your weekend was as great as mine was!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute picture of you and your baby!
    P.S. love the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pics! I love the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete